Thursday, December 19, 2013

Yaaaaaay!!! Homework!!!!

If you knew me back in my pre-teechur days (the "stoodent" days lol), I'm sure you did a double-take at that title.  I don't cheer for homework, unless I'm assigning it and trying to sell my kids on how fun it is.  This is similar to saying "yum," when you try to get a baby to eat that nasty orange stuff out of a jar.

But this time, my friends, this time is different.  This is Super Homework!  This is blogging homework.  I love any and everything that will allow me to collab with my PLN (see previous post if you're not hip to the acronyms).  So, here goes!

Big shoutout to Ross LeBrun for including me on this.  ELA in da house!!!  Woot woot!

Here is my task, as I have chosen to accept it (copied verbatim from Ross's blog):
"1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers after you write this.  
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated.  Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you."
Let's do this!
Task One:  Done (see above)
Task Two: Eleven Facts
  1. I'm a vegetarian, and have been since the age of eight.  I made this decision on my own, after engaging in a "gross out contest." I don't remember exactly what was said that turned me off meat, but I think it had to do with hot dogs.
  2. I've got legs. I know how to use them.
  3. I write very complex and confusing to-do lists on a daily basis.  
  4. I was the captain of my high school's It's Academic team my senior year (RIP Mac McGary). A former captain from a previous year went on to win on Jeopardy.
  5. I missed going on TV for It's Academic because Honors Choir was the same weekend.
  6. When I was 21, I started a record label with my friends.  I have random, horrible music floating around the Internet.
  7. I fear many things, including heights and planes.  That's why I threw myself out of one in October 2011.  Skydiving didn't cure me...it made things worse.
  8. So...I signed up for a private flying lesson.  That actually did help.
  9. I have a story for nearly every situation.
  10. I have a song for nearly every situation.
  11. My greatest strengths are usually my greatest weaknesses, because I tend to go hard or not at all.
LOL this is harder than I thought, but I'm having a blast.

Task Three: Q&A

1. What would you do with a lottery win of $50,000?  Haha, with 50K?  Taxes would take half, so that would leave me 25.  I'd give 10% away to charity to pay it forward, which would leave 22.5.  I'd save half of that...um...too late for math.  Then, I'd spend most of the rest on experiences...travel some, see some concerts...then I'd drop some bomb-diggedy gifts on family and friends...then I'd splurge some...then I'd buy stuff I need.
2. What was the first thing you read that you remember loving?  Hmmm...the first thing I remember reading that I loved was probably some scary story book or Encyclopedia Brown.  However, before that, I was just reading the encyclopedia. And medical books. Yeah, I was kind of boring lol.
3. Diving - Sky or Scuba?  Aaaaaaah!!!!  SCUBA!  SCUBA!!! SCUBA!!!!
4. What is your favorite season? Summer...I can't stand the cold.
5. Would you move for a job? Possibly, but it would have to be a helluva job.
6. Have you monetized your blog? Do you plan to? Doubt it.  I think the best knowledge is free.
7. Are you a cat or a dog person? There can be only one! Neither...they both scare me.
8. Pick one musical instrument to learn now that you're an adult. Why that one? I'd go with drums. I can play a little, but I've always had a thing for them. I want to be really good!
9. To where did you fly on your first flight? Does anything about the experience stand out as significant? Ummmm, Puerto Rico I think.  I was one.  Nothing really stands out, but I remember when I was three, we went back.  The coconut water was disgusting.  I'm just getting over that.
10. Do you play video games? If not, WHY? If yes, which system/games? Ohhhhh yeahhhhh...I haven't touched them much lately, but I love the music games on any platform (i.e. Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc.), as well as sports and fighting games.
11. What was the first CD you ever bought? Do you still have it? I'm not quite sure, but the first one I remember having was Tevin Campbell's T album.  It's around here somewhere.  I used to be in love with him haha.
Task Four: Eleven Bloggers
Here we go (random order)!  P.S. I saw a disclaimer on someone else's that I'd like to paraphrase.  Don't feel obligated to do this...I'm just mentioning you because you came to mind and I dig your stuff!
  1. Vicki Davis
  2. Aaron Smith
  3. Timonius Downing
  4. Sandra Paul
  5. Kevin Honeycutt
  6. Eric Sheninger
  7. Sharon Lepage Plante
  8. Shelly Terrell
  9. Starr Sackstein
  10. Liz Davis
  11. Rafranz Davis
Task Five: Eleven Questions
These questions may be on the silly side, as it's way past my bedtime.  Bear with me.

  1. What kind of student were you growing up, and how do you deal with students like your former self now?
  2. Is it just me, or does middle school romance gross you out?
  3. How much would could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
  4. What is your favorite tech integration tool?  Why?
  5. What is the best piece of advice that you have ever received, and who gave it to you?
  6. What do you do in your spare time?  (Spare time...pssssh yeah right...)
  7. What do you think schools will look like in fifty years' time?
  8. What is your story (i.e. how did you get to where you are today)?  Give us the Twitter version...140 characters or less.
  9. What was the technology du jour when you were 12 years old?
  10. What skills do you believe that students today need to succeed?
  11. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers...um, I forgot the rest, so...what's your favorite genre of music?
Fin

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Sarah. I learned a lot about you. Thanks for taking part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ross! This was a lot of fun. Happy holidays!!!

      Delete